The weekly AVIDSEN 103952 thermostat is a heat regulator that stands out exceptionally for quality and price. In this quick guide, we illustrate the operation of the device and its connection with your boiler.
Installation is easy, the thermostat can be attached to the wall in place of the previous thermostat, with provisions for two interaxial holes.
The terminal block has contacts for the boiler; use the Normally Open and Common for the connection.
- Adjustments and Display
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it possible to set a different heating/cooling schedule for each day with the AVIDSEN 103952 thermostat?
- How does the holiday mode of the Programmable Chronothermostat AVIDSEN 103952 work?
- How many batteries are needed to power the Programmable Chronothermostat AVIDSEN 103952 and what are the specifications?
- What is the adjustable temperature range of the AVIDSEN 103952 thermostat and how is the FROST PROTECTION function set?
- Does the AVIDSEN thermostat have a low battery indicator?
- How does the programming divided into 6 daily periods of the Programmable Chronothermostat AVIDSEN 103952 work?
- For holidays, consider a schedule with 3 periods:
- How to switch from automatic programming to manual use of the AVIDSEN 103952 thermostat?
- Useful Tips
- Mounting and Installation
- Technical Specifications
- Where to Buy
- User Manual
Adjustments and Display
The display of the Avidsen 103952 thermostat provides a comprehensive overview of its operating status. You can check the accuracy of the set time and the detected ambient temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your questions and the most frequently posed ones:
Is it possible to set a different heating/cooling schedule for each day with the AVIDSEN 103952 thermostat?
Yes, the AVIDSEN thermostat allows users to customize a heating/cooling schedule for every day of the week, ensuring tailored comfort for various routines.
How does the holiday mode of the Programmable Chronothermostat AVIDSEN 103952 work?
The holiday mode allows users to set a continuous temperature for an extended period, typically when they are away from home. This ensures energy savings without compromising on comfort upon return.
How many batteries are needed to power the Programmable Chronothermostat AVIDSEN 103952 and what are the specifications?
This thermostat uses 2 AAA batteries. We recommend using high-quality disposable batteries, as rechargeable batteries might have low amperage, affecting the functionality of the internal relay.
What is the adjustable temperature range of the AVIDSEN 103952 thermostat and how is the FROST PROTECTION function set?
The thermostat allows temperature adjustments from 5 to 35°C with a precision of 0.5 degrees. The frost protection function ensures the temperature doesn't drop below a set point, usually around 5°C, to prevent pipes from freezing.
Does the AVIDSEN thermostat have a low battery indicator?
Yes, the thermostat has an indicator notifying when the batteries are low. It's vital to ensure the batteries are always in good condition to prevent any disruptions to the heating system. We recommend replacing them every two years.
How does the programming divided into 6 daily periods of the Programmable Chronothermostat AVIDSEN 103952 work?
Use the 6 daily intervals to tailor heating schedules. For example:
- 6:00 to 8:00 for warming up ensures a comfortable wake-up.
- 8:00 to 11:00 set a cooler temperature (17°C) for when you're out.
- Adjust accordingly if you return home for lunch until 13:00.
- 13:00 to 17:30 set to a lower temperature for energy savings.
- 17:30 onwards, set a comfortable temperature, turning off at 22:00 but still retaining warmth due to thermal inertia.
For holidays, consider a schedule with 3 periods:
- Comfortable morning wake-up.
- Long maintenance mode with a temperature of 18 degrees
- A warm evening setting of around 20/21 degrees.
How to switch from automatic programming to manual use of the AVIDSEN 103952 thermostat?
On the display, the letter P indicates automatic operation. Press and hold the HOLD button until the P disappears. You can then manually adjust the temperature using the + and - buttons.
Install the Avidsen 103952 thermostat in a location within the home you want to heat:
- Do not install this device near heat sources (Radiators / Heaters / Kitchens / Wood-burning fireplaces).
- Install this controller at least 1.5m off the ground to allow it to read an average room temperature accurately.
- Do not install the Avidsen 103952 thermostat near openings such as doors or windows, which could interfere with the average temperature reading.
Mounting and Installation
Installing the thermostat is very simple if done to replace an existing thermostat. The model is neither Wifi nor Radio Wave enabled. If the cables connecting the thermostat to the boiler are not already set up, it's essential to contact an electrician or a qualified technician to establish a new connection.
Replacing an old thermostat involves identifying the boiler connection (turn off the boiler to avoid the risk of electrocution, as not all these connections are what's known as "dry contact").
To connect the new thermostat, use the C (Common) and NA (or NO, which stands for Normally Open) contacts. The Avidsen 103952 thermostat will close the contact when heating is requested, triggering the boiler to start.
Details on the technical specifications of the thermostat, including dimensions, weight, power source, and compatibility with other devices.
|Programming||Weekly (6 daily operating periods)|
|Special Features||Energy Saving/anti-freeze|
|Absence Period||Adjustable in hours and/or days|
|Power Supply||DC 3V, 2 AAA batteries of 1.5 V (not included)|
|Adjustable Temperature Range||5°C - 35°C (0.5°C increment), 7°C (ANTIFREEZE function)|
|Temperature Range on Display||0°C - 40°C (0.1°C increment)|
|Indicator||Low battery level|
|Screen Functionality||Screen lock|
|Input - Output||230 V , 6 (2) A|
|Hole Distance (horizontal)||6 or 8.3 cm|
|Hole Distance (vertical)||6 cm|